Because I am such a TV geek, I've made a list of all the tv shows I have been meaning to watch and try to get through them this summer. Some programs on said list include, but are not limited to, Arrested Development, Grey's Anatomy, Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, and Veronica Mars.
As of today, I've only watched 2 of those shows.
Arrested Development took me wayyy too long to get through, mainly because I didn't really get into it until the third and final season. But the reason I'm writing this post is because of Studio 60.

Netflix now has a lot more streaming videos online due to recent deals between the company and various studios, so it wasn't until as of late that shows like Studio 60 are available with your subscription. This is dangerous for a girl like me. [see: Best Week Ever's article on how Netflix Instant Ruins Your Life] Why? Because I didn't realize I would be so into Studio 60 that I managed to watch the entire series - albeit 1 season - in a week. Could have been less, but I stretched out the last episodes because I didn't want it to end! <-lame It all started with the pilot episode for me. It had been a long time since I've seen a pilot episode that strong and that well written. Basically the show revolves around a Saturday Night Live type show and what goes on behind the scenes. The two main characters, Matt Albie (Matthew Perry) and Danny Tripp (Bradley Whitford - btw new crush, LOVES him!) come back to be Co-Executive Producers on "Studio 60"after quitting 5 years earlier. Now they must deal with the spunky new President of the NBS Network, Jordan McDeere (Amanda Peet), the ever hated Chairman of NBS (Steven Weber), and of course the writers and actors on the show. Girlfriends, Ex-Girlfriends, Kidnappings, Babies, Asians, and more, creator Aaron Sorkin manages to make a series jam packed with drama AND comedy.
I got so invested in the characters, the plot lines, the world that is Studio 60. I couldn't stop watching, I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen next when I wasn't watching. All in all, it is creeping its way to my favorite shows list, and this whole process essentially proved I have no real life. After the final episode, I went through some kind of mini withdrawal. Must.Watch.Studio.60. So much so that I managed to purchase the dvds online for only $28!
Anyways, if I keep talking about this, it's just going to get more depressing, so I'll end with a short clip from the show. Doesn't even give you a real glimpse of what really goes on, but it's still comical. If you have Netflix, watch it. If you don't, THIS GUY has the entire series on YouTube in short 9 minute clips. Worth It.
Bonus: Lauren Graham guest starring on the show!
Traci,
ReplyDeleteThis is just further proof that you and I are Meant2Be besties. This is also one of my fave shows. I've watched it all the way through 2 or 3 times. All of those times in about 1 week. So good!
Corelyn
YES!!! omg BFFLs! Can we have a Studio 60 party?!? Ok GREAT!! :)
ReplyDelete