Tuesday, January 18, 2011

See This Now!

Traci's favorite movie of 2011 is... BLUE VALENTINE.

Ok, ok, I've only seen one other movie this year (Black Swan - which will forever haunt me, especially if I get a hangnail. EW!), and it's only the middle of January.

But if you've seen the trailer, then you'd think this movie was about the same thing I did. A couple who falls in love, and maybe hit a few rough patches on the way. I guess, at the core, it is a love story, but it's so much more than that. It's touching, it's comical, it's heartbreaking, but most of all, it's real. After leaving the theater, I gave it like 2.75 stars, but the more I think about it, and the dynamics of the movie, it's more like a 4.5-4.75. (Some scale I got, huh?)

Anyways, Ryan Gosling's and Michelle Williams' characters' song is a tune called 'You and Me' by Penny and the Quarters. Such a great throwback song to probs my favorite music era, the 60s/motown, and it's such a perfect fit for the film. lovelovelove.


No comments:

Post a Comment