Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 6: Never Going Back Here Again


I'll be straight with you. Texas/Oklahoma is NOT my favorite. Henceforth, I don't have much to say about these two states besides you will NEVER see me in northern Texas or the entire state of Oklahoma EVER AGAIN. I have my reasons, and out of the entire trip, this area was the scariest to me out of all the other states. Thanks for living up to my expectations, the south. You suck. And I apologize if I'm offending anyone, but that's how I feel about the time we spent there, and if there's any postive reason you can tell me as to why I should like these two places, let me know.

Anyways, the morning of Day 6, we went to the one attraction we wanted to see in Dallas, which was the JFK Memorial and assassination site. Apparently this is the entire memorial:

And if you look closely in the middle lane, there is an 'X' showing where JFK got shot in his car.



There is also a museum on the sixth floor of the building where Lee Harvey Oswald shot him, which would have been cool to go to, but we had a 12 HOUR day of driving through hell to get to.

Northern Texas and Oklahoma is full of nothing, except flat flat land and serious cowboys. I was EXTREMELY happy when we crossed the New Mexico line, because it meant NOT BEING IN TEXAS ANYMORE. Here are some pictures of what we saw on the way to Santa Fe. A lot of Oklahoma was signs that said "Home of Garth Brooks" "Home of the largest cross in the western hemisphere" "Home of Aunt Peggy's county famous beef jerky." Speaking of beef, Texas is also full of cows and cow pastures and factories in which they go to die. This is why I don't like the south.




Lastly, because we were in the car for EVER AND A DAY, we had to resort to taking pix of ourselves and taking rediculous videos. So in a short 14 minute video, here is how we spent the 12 hours en route to our next pit stop. Thank God for Santa Fe.







View Directions to Santa Fe, NM in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment