Friday, September 18, 2009

Current Obsessions

Hello friends! I'm blogging from my new apartment here in North Hollywood, CA. And since I don't have a job (yet), I've had plenty of down time recently, so I'm hoping I'll be able to update this more! BTW, props to everyone that followed us on our RT across America. My apologies for dropping the ball midway through it, as things got a little bit hectic. But we're here now so it's all good!

For the every day IAYN reader, you know that I have a recurring segment called (Il)legally Download This. I've decided to kick it up a notch and spread the love to not just music, but everything and anything else I'm into right now. So here's the debut of CURRENT OBSESSIONS! (I'll come up with a better name later. Suggestions welcome)


GLEE

I must admit, when I saw the pilot back in May, I wasn't too impressed. But after seeing the first episode back from their brief hiatus, I fell in love. With lines like "That was the most offensive thing I've seen in twenty years of teaching. And that includes an elementary school production of Hair." how could I not love it?

Besides the covers of current songs being amazing, the show is actually very funny and well written. Who knew? Also, gotta give props to Lea Michele & fellow azn Jenna Ushkowitz, both Spring Awakening alumni, Matthew Morrison who was in Hairspray & Light in the Piazza on Broadway (and briefly a former member of LMNT), and the cameo of the guy who played Walter, Stephanie Tanner's geeky love interest circa season 3, in this past week's episode as the psycho choreographer.

This past week's episode also brought one song in particular to my attention that I haven't been able to stop listening/watching. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, The Acafellas:




Dos Equis Beer


Just think of this beer as the "Sam Adams of California." And petition to have it at more places on the East Coast. Rumor is they have it at Cactus Club in Boston.


Jay-Z 9/11 Concert

Jay Z and all his famous friends had a concert at Madison Square Garden to benefit the Widows, Children of Fallen Police and Firemen on the 8th anniversary of 9/11. The concert, which sold out in minutes, had amazing appearances by his wifey Sasha Fierce, Kanye, Kid Cudi (also obsessed with him), Rhianna, and more. Check out the entire show aqui




Gofobo.com

Check this every morning right after Twitter. Thanks to this site, Meghan & I are going to "The Invention of Lying" Premiere for free. Eff, what am I going to wear??



Theater Nerd Mashup

Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Spring Awakening. Whatever. I embrace it. More specifically, the current National Tour Cast. When the show was in Boston, I saw it three times, and it was amazing. Anyways, during their stops in cities across America, they sometimes have Cabarets featuring the cast members with most of the proceeds going towards some kind of charity. Here's a performance from one of those cabarets starring Kyle Riabko, Andy Mientus, and 4th runner up on Canadian Idol, Steffi D. One of the band members from SA arranged this medley of songs, including "What I Wouldn't Do For You" from a musical called Alive At Ten, "Stars and Moon" from Songs From a New World, and hit song "To Make You Feel My Love." It's on repeat on my Youtube playlist.




2 comments:

  1. May I just point out that neither Dos Equis nor Corona are from California?

    Your obsessions are acceptable. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but they are more prominent here because of proximity to meh hee coh. es la verdad.

    gracias por su approval.

    ReplyDelete